W7GRA Up Coming Events
ARRL VE Testing Sessions
Next Test Session: Visit the below link for current date and times
If you can, please sign up for this in person exam at https://hamstudy.org/sessions/97850/inperson
This will help us keep track who needs to take a test, help you get all the necessary pretest paperwork done, and help us send everything off as quickly as possible.
If you need a different date than the ones listed, please let us know. We are very flexible and are willing to work with you.
If nobody has signed up the day before, the exam session will be canceled.
If you have any questions please email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
WA7BNM Contest Calendar
Link to WA7BNM's google calendar.
Ham Radio Youtube Channels
- Florida Hams Make Contact 100 Miles Apart via 10-Meter Repeater… in Switzerland. December 3, 2023
- ARRL Advocacy Win: FCC Approves Request for Pearl Harbor Day Crossband Operations December 2, 2023
- The K7RA Solar Update December 1, 2023
- ARRL RF Safety Committee Develops New Guidelines to Communicate RF Safety December 1, 2023
- WX1AW Active for 2023 SKYWARN™ Recognition Day December 1, 2023
- How To Be Confident In Ham Radio December 1, 2023
- Back to the Future of Ham Radio November 25, 2023
- You Can’t Just Pick Up a Baofeng And Use It During SHTF November 17, 2023
- The Emergency Ham Radio Altoids Tin November 10, 2023
- The Turnkey HF Radio from Elecraft November 3, 2023
- Amateur Radio Newsline Report 2405 for Friday December 1st, 2023
- Amateur Radio Newsline Report 2404 for Friday November 24th, 2023
- Amateur Radio Newsline Report 2403 for Friday November 17th, 2023
- Amateur Radio Newsline Report 2402 for Friday November 10th, 2023
- Amateur Radio Newsline Report 2401 for Friday November 3rd, 2023
September 26, 2013
Greetings, fellow hams.
Our regular monthly meeting was held Thursday, September 26th, at 7:00 PM at the La Grande fire station on Cove Avenue. There were eleven members in attendance. At 6:00 PM, prior to the meeting, a testing session was held and C.J. Jensen of La Grande became a new ham. Congrats to C.J.!
Results of the August 25th Fox Hunt are in and the winner was Mike Orcutt KF7STP. After the hunt the club treated the fox and all the hunters to dinner at the Golden Crown Restaurant.
Unfortunately, the W4PJS repeater (146.98) is still down. Steps are being taken to get it up and running again.
At our August meeting we voted to donate $100 to the ARRL Spectrum Defense Fund. We received a very nice letter from the ARRL thanking the club for doing that.
Joel Hinshaw KD7JG is in the process of setting up a computer log for the club to use at events such as our Special Event Station at the Union County Fair and at Field Day.
The ARRG Group’s repeater (147.26) (tone 103.5) is up and running. The club voted to donate $100 to them to help offset some of the equipment and travel costs. (They have to travel to the Grande Ronde Valley from Portland to work on the repeater).
The final Fox Hunt of the year will take place on Saturday, October 5th, at 4:00 PM. (Please note that this one is on SATURDAY, not Sunday). Check-ins will be at 3:55 PM on 146.55.
Finally, Joel KD7JG gave a very interesting and informative talk and demonstration on how to set up and operate LoTW (Logbook of the World) and Eqsl.
Our final meeting of 2013 will be October 24th, the fourth Thursday of October. Due to Thanksgiving and Christmas being either on that Thursday or close to it we don’t meet in Nov. or Dec.
73 and Good DX!