W7GRA Up Coming Events
ARRL VE Testing Sessions
Next Test Session: Visit the below link for current date and times
If you can, please sign up for this in person exam at https://hamstudy.org/sessions/97850/inperson
This will help us keep track who needs to take a test, help you get all the necessary pretest paperwork done, and help us send everything off as quickly as possible.
If you need a different date than the ones listed, please let us know. We are very flexible and are willing to work with you.
If nobody has signed up the day before, the exam session will be canceled.
If you have any questions please email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
WA7BNM Contest Calendar
Link to WA7BNM's google calendar.
Ham Radio Youtube Channels
- Florida Hams Make Contact 100 Miles Apart via 10-Meter Repeater… in Switzerland. December 3, 2023
- ARRL Advocacy Win: FCC Approves Request for Pearl Harbor Day Crossband Operations December 2, 2023
- The K7RA Solar Update December 1, 2023
- ARRL RF Safety Committee Develops New Guidelines to Communicate RF Safety December 1, 2023
- WX1AW Active for 2023 SKYWARN™ Recognition Day December 1, 2023
- How To Be Confident In Ham Radio December 1, 2023
- Back to the Future of Ham Radio November 25, 2023
- You Can’t Just Pick Up a Baofeng And Use It During SHTF November 17, 2023
- The Emergency Ham Radio Altoids Tin November 10, 2023
- The Turnkey HF Radio from Elecraft November 3, 2023
- Amateur Radio Newsline Report 2405 for Friday December 1st, 2023
- Amateur Radio Newsline Report 2404 for Friday November 24th, 2023
- Amateur Radio Newsline Report 2403 for Friday November 17th, 2023
- Amateur Radio Newsline Report 2402 for Friday November 10th, 2023
- Amateur Radio Newsline Report 2401 for Friday November 3rd, 2023
May 22nd, 2014
[Editor’s Note: In order to accommodate required periodic training by the La Grande Fire Department, the GRRAA moved its meeting two days earlier]
The regular monthly meeting of the Grande Ronde Radio Amateurs Association was held at the La Grande Fire Station on Thursday, May 22nd, with ten members attending. President Ted Ivester called the meeting to order at 19:02.
The bulk of the evening’s discussion involved two items: Field Day, which happens the weekend of June 28th and 29th, and the club’s booth at the Union County Fair, coming up on July 31st, through August 3rd.
First, Field Day; It will take place again this year out at Bird Track Springs Camp Ground, Southwest of La Grande. We are hoping to have at least three stations operating, but four or even five would be awesome! Even if you don’t want to set up a station you are encouraged to come on out and take a turn at operating one of the stations that will be set up. It’s lots of fun and you’ll be able to give one of the other operators a break. We also discussed setting up of some different kinds of antennas and having some sort of food available throughout the weekend. If anyone would like to be a barbeque chef for the event, let us know. I you have any questions please contact one of the club officers. (Refer to W7GRA.org for contact information).
The other major topic of discussion was the Fair Booth. We will have the same booth as last year in the General Exibits building. We will once again operate a Special Event Station from the booth. We had fair (no pun intended) success last year using 100 watts and vertical antenna stuck in the ground outside our booth. We made over 50 contacts, three of which were with stations in Eastern Europe. We’re hoping to have a much better antenna system this year. Club member, Chris Noyes KG7CEL, has offered to let us use his tri-band beam. We just need to figure out a way to mount it. Anyone who worked in the booth last year will tell you how much fun it was. If you’re interested in helping out contact me at 541-963-0338 or at email@example.com.
The results of the latest Fox Hunt are in. Marc Shaeffer was the first to find Graham W4PJS, the fox. The next Fox Hunt will be Saturday, July 12, starting at 3:00 pm. This will be right after the Club Picnic which begins at High Noon at Pioneer Park. Questions? Contact a club officer.
Guess that’s about it for this go-round. If you’d like to join the club or just come to a meeting to see what it’s all about, come on out to our next meeting which is the fourth Thursday in June (the 26th) at the La Grande Fire Station, located on Cove Avenue just off Island Avenue in La Grande. Hope to see you there!